Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/11 : MY BIRTHDAY



My birthday is today! Yes, that's right, 9/11. It goes without saying the association that most people make with this date. For example, I called my bank not long ago and when the lady asked for my date of birth and I responded, she replied, "I'm so sorry." For most of my life, people will cringe when I give them my date of birth, or occasionally when I make a comment about being born on September 11th.  I admit that I feel guilty when people respond in that manner, I feel as though I should apologize for reminding them of however this tragedy affected them.
But it is MY birthday and I don't want to have to feel guilty about celebrating it, despite of the horrific events of 9/11. Because this day also represents the start of MY life!  But many believe that it’s inappropriate to be festive while the rest of the country observes a somber anniversary.



I think that I will hear some echo of these remarks for years to come, although the further away we get, the more it will start to become a more normal day. 

So I will do what I have always done, while paying my respects to the 9/11 victims, I will celebrate my birthday and blow out the candles on my cake and I will make a wish for peace and for happiness throughout the world.
{God Bless}

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!