Sunday, October 6, 2013

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes!



I wanted to give everyone an update on Natalie's first week of school and share a victory with all of you.

First of all, Natalie absolutely loves her school and her teacher. Dad wakes her up each morning and gets her dressed.  She then hurries down the stairs, grabs her backpack and lunch bag and waits by the door. She no longer wants to have breakfast at home. Instead, she has breakfast with her teacher at school. When Natalie enters the classroom in the morning, she independently puts her backpack in her "cubbie" and hangs her lunch bag on her little hook, she then turns and waves goodbye to dad!

She is happy after school as well and she has gone to sleep by 9:30pm every night this week and does not wake up until morning! 
So needless to say mom & dad are two very happy campers.
But wait! I haven't told you the best part .....

On Thursday, when Natalie got out of school she was extra giggly and she was dancing around and skipping about. She then started to put her hands on her head, her shoulders, knees and toes. My mom asked what that was all about. I said, "Oh mom, they must have been playing that preschool song, where they sing, head, shoulders, knees and toes as they point to those body parts." 

So I thought it was so cute and I started to sing the song for her and we were both giggling and we were touching our heads, our shoulders, our knees and our toes, and we were having such a great time. But then, as we were going to start again, Natalie put her hands on her head and exclaimed, "Head!"........I almost fell over, I was in pure amazement, "She said 'head', oh my God, she said a new word!" I called my husband at work and I gave him the news and he was so happy and my mom is yelling, "I told you she was smart, I told she was going to do great!" I was jumping and hugging Natalie and she was full of giggles! 

Needless to say that the rest of the week was filled with the singing of
"heads, shoulders, knees and toes"


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!