Thursday, August 22, 2013

I See the light!



Today Natalie was evaluated by the school board. They had a speech pathologist and psychologist perform the evaluation. She also had to have ANOTHER hearing test done--even though she has already had 2 done previously. Please note that these hearing tests are a nightmare. Natalie seriously dislikes them and it is nearly impossible to get through it and everything goes downhill after that. To add to my stress, my husband was unable to join us and I was so nervous. I hardly slept, I was scared and I didn't know how I would be able to get through a 2.5 hour evaluation that included a hearing test. So last night and this morning, I prayed--A LOT! I prayed--DEEPLY.  


Natalie and I woke up and we had a good breakfast, I got her ready, put her in the car seat and off we went....Have you ever felt God's presence? Well, I felt it on that drive to the school board.  I truly felt God right there with me, giving me strength, reassuring me and I felt his warm smile upon me, letting me know that he was taking care of things...and you know what? I felt 100% better, I felt strength in knowing he was there and he was listening and he was going to deal with my concerns, my worries and that he was taking care of us.  

So guess what? God took care of everything! Natalie took the hearing test and she was so compliant, she was wonderful! They were able to give her a much more thorough exam and they took their time and I was told that she passed and her hearing is perfect. I was flabbergasted! and then I whispered, "Thank you Lord." Next, the evaluation. This team of ladies could not have been more wonderful! They were so sweet, so caring! I felt like they loved and cared for Natalie as much as I do. I wish they would have been the ones that first broke the news of Autism to me. They were so sensitive and positive. They told me that it wasen't my fault, they told me that Autism is not a death sentance, they said that I was doing everything right and that I was doing everything that they would do if Natalie was their daughter. They hugged me, they smiled, they were incredible, so again, I said, "Thank you Lord." 

We have to retun on September 16th for the results. But these ladies went ahead and told me that Natalie qualifies for Full time preschool and therapy as of September 17th. They will also provide door to door transportation. 
"Thank you God!" 

So I am happy, I see a light at the end of this tunnel. I see hope and I am so thankful to God because with him ALL things are possible and he does listen and he is there. 

    Dearest God Our Father, I love You! I adore You and I Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!