Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1: Thankful for Happiness

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.
Denis Waitley




Today I am thankful for Happiness.
Natalie went trick-or-treating with her brother and cousins last night. I was amazed as I watched her. 


My beautiful Snow White

She seems like this helpless little girl. She is smaller than all the other kids and she cannot communicate her wants and needs. Yet, as I observed her, I realized that she is anything but helpless. She is a vibrant, independant and happy as can be little girl. She knows what she wants and she does what it takes to obtain it. 


Natalie skipped alongside her cousins and brother. She made sure to never stay behind. She ran up to the doors and and extended her little arm to present her Halloween basket. When the friendly strangers gave her candy she thanked them by giving the most beautiful smile--a smile of gratefulness, and I was filled with joy.
The happiness on my baby's face was priceless, she was full of excitement and loved being outdoors and getting treats as she moved from house to house. When we got home she crashed and went right to sleep. In the morning, she was still smiling.
Thank you God...Thank you for happiness
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!