Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10: Thankful for Progress!

As this week comes to a close, I must say that it has been a very big week for Natalie and progress! I have always had hope, but this week has proven to be miraculous. 


First, on Wednesday. I picked up Natalie from "abuela's" house. When we got home, I started to play with her and I scooped her up in my arms. She had the biggest smile on her face and looked down at me and we stared at each other (love the eye contact, and that alone is a miracle) she then put her hands over my eyes and said, "eyes." I exclaimed, "Yes, Natalie, EYES!" next, she pointed to my nose and asked, "Nose?" (Now, I am yelling for my husband to come quickly). "Yes, Nose!" Lastly, she puts her hand over my mouth and says, "mouth." and I am in awe, "Mouth! Yes!" and guess what? she has done the same thing with my husband, Austin and her dolls and stuffed animals every night since!



On the next day, Thursday, we were playing with her crayons and I started to count them as I was taking them out of the box. When it was time to clean up, Natalie started to put the crayons back into the box and she SAID, "Two, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten." I lost it! I started to cry! I kept questioning myself, "Did she really just say all those numbers? was I imagining the whole thing? will she do it again?" I started to take the crayons out again and counted, she then started to say it again, "Two, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten." It was beautiful! It was amazing and such a blessing!

I have not been able to get her to say the numbers again since Thursday but I am very hopeful and I think she is progressing so well since she started school.

Just 5 months ago, Natalie had no language, no eye contact and was seemingly unable to follow the simplest of commands, like “come here.” Today, she responds to her name, enjoys giving eye contact and is learning and speaking new words.


So I am incredibly grateful and thankful for her progress!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!