Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3: Thankful for Patience

Today I am thankful for patience. This is something that I work on every day.




Natalie is so patient. She waits for so much, and after she waits she probably hopes that we know what she really wants. 
Being patient is difficult and one of the hardest things to learn and practice.

Natalie has taught me that every thing takes time and that you have to be patient. I would love for things to happen overnight, but they don't. I have to take a deep breathe and trust,  if it was meant to be, it will happen. If it does not happen then it wasn't meant to be or the timing was not right. I work on this daily. Some days are better than others. And just when I need a reminder, Natalie will show me a sign that I need to be patient.



My patience is tested each day. After all, I have a teenage boy and a non verbal preschooler. But out of the two, it is Natalie who truly understands what patience is. I can't imagine waiting for doctors or researchers to unlock the magic gene that will allow me to talk. And while she waits so patiently...she does it with a great attitude.

It hurts me to have to watch her wait, when of all people she should be demanding.


When we learn to accept what is, and embrace life in each present moment, our impatience often falls away. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!