Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 13: Thankful for Smiles :)



I am so thankful for smiles. I love it when people smile at me and I always feel better when I smile. If I am having a stressful day and I am suddenly met with a smile, I immediately begin to destress.


Natalie and her winning Smile :)
  

Seeing my children smile instantly makes me happy! Natalie has so many different facial expressions. I wonder what she's thinking about? Being so young who knows but just the fact that she is smiling makes me feel as though I'm doing something right in this life. Seeing a smile on Natalie and Austin's face at least for one brief moment makes me forget about all of the other things in life that have me stressed. I want to do whatever I can to provide as many smiles in their life that I can.
Austin and Cousin = Great Smiles :)

5 reasons to Smile

Here are a few things that we may be interested in knowing about smiling - and perhaps encourage us to smile a bit more!


1. Smiling Makes Us Attractive


We are drawn to people who smile. There is an attraction factor. We want to know a smiling person and figure out what is so good. Frowns, scowls and grimaces all push people away -- but a smile draws them in

2. Smiling Releases Endorphins, Natural Pain Killers and Serotonin


Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together these three make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug.

3. Smiling Is Contagious


When someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smile lots and you will draw people to you.

4. Smiling Changes Our Mood


Next time you are feeling down, try putting on a smile. There's a good chance you mood will change for the better. Smiling can trick the body into helping you change your mood.


4. Smiling Relieves Stress


Stress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed. When you are stressed, take time to put on a smile. The stress should be reduced and you'll be better able to take  action.be better able to take action.


post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me reach my Goal!